Who wouldn’t want dessert for breakfast? These tiramisu overnight oats are guaranteed to be your new favorite flavor of overnight oats!
It’s safe to say I eat a lot of overnight oats. They are a weekly staple in my house, but let me tell you, these TIRAMISU overnight oats are out of this world good. I never want to eat any flavor of ONO’s ever again!
What is Tiramisu?
When I studied abroad in Italy, Tiramisu was on every menu, and you can bet that I had it at every resturant and cafe or bakery I went to!
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert with layers of sponge cake soaked in coffee and liqueur with powdered chocolate and mascarpone.
There are some different variations, but one thing that you can always count on is the signature, dusted cocoa powder on top!
What makes these tiramisu overnight oats like the real deal tiramisu?
Now I will be honest with you, the real thing is MUCH better than these overnight oats, but hey, they’re not bad for having dessert for breakfast 🙂
- The flavors. Chocolate + coffee (aka a match made in heaven)
- The texture. You may think i’m crazy for saying this just by the mere difference in looks, but, tiramisu has already delicate sponge cake that is then soaked which makes it very moist and creamy just like the oats!
- The layers. I layered vanilla coconut yogurt with the oats which mimics the mascarpone.
Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oat gluten free if needed
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ⅓ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk add more if too thick
- ¼ cup brewed coffee
- your favorite yogurt for layering optional, but more fun!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar / container, stir well, and place in fridge overnight (you can add other things like protein powder, flax, etc)
- The next morning, they are ready to go! I layered it with dairy free coconut vanilla yogurt.
- ENJOY & pretend like you’re living your best life, eating an Italian dessert for breakfast
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @jennaliveswell on Instagram and/or hashtag it #jennaliveswell