You gotta TRUST ME on this one because I too was skeptical of tahini as I was always #teampeanutbutter, but these chocolate tahini protein balls 10000% converted me to #TEAMTAHINI !! Plus they are gluten free, vegan, and refined-sugar free!
The only bad thing about this recipe is that its quite a challenge to make the balls… because the dough tastes so good you’re going to want to eat it straight with a spoon (I only know from experience….)
Let’s talk ingredients:
Very minimal, simple ingredients make for the ultimate feel-good snack for any time of day!
All you need is:
- maple syrup
- protein powder chocolate or unflavored
- cacao powder
- almond flour
- vanilla extract
- and mini chocolate chips
For the tahini: I usually get mine from Trader Joe’s – they have a really delicious organic tahini! It’s one of the best ones of tried! Other than that, the brand Soom is also quite yummy!
chocolate + tahini protein balls
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup protein powder chocolate or unflavored
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbps almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Scoop dough into balls and roll out with your hands
- Store in a air-tight container in the fridge!