I know a lot of you like the thick and gooey cookies, but in my house, we are THIN & CRISPY cookie lovers, and these healthier Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are THE ULTIMATE thin and crispy cookie – think Tate’s but better and with a yummy coconut twist!
What? Did you think I was lying when I said these were the best thin + crispy cookies ever???
This is the best dessert to bake for a get-together, holiday, or just to fill that cookie jar!
Made with feel-good, simple ingredients, these crispy cookies are also gluten-free, vegan & refined-sugar free so everyone can enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these:
• 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour – feel free to make your own by placing oats in a blender (be patient, it takes time to get the super fine consistency)
• 1 tsp baking powder – gluten free if needed
• 1/4 teaspoon salt – any salt will work here
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted – whenever working with coconut oil, I always melt it and then let it cool slighlty before adding it into the mix.
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar – feel free to add more or less depending on how sweet you like it!
• 1 flax egg – I have not tested regular eggs in this recipe, but it may work.
• 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 3/4 cup chocolate chips – I like using dark chocolate chips, but semi-sweet are great too
• 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes – if you only have sweetened coconut flakes on hand, I would reccomend adding less of the coconut sugar
Lastly, I would be crazy not to mention that these cookies freeze great! Actually, that’s how my family prefers most cookies – straight out of the freezer! Just store them in an air-tight freezer proof bag or container.
thin + crispy + healthier COCONUT Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate chips I like using dark
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until well mixed
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and then fold in chocolate chips and coconut
- Form dough into balls and place onto the cookie sheet, with a good amount of room in between them because they spread
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (or more for even crispier cookies)
- Allow cookies to cool for about 10 minutes, and ENJOY 😊