The addition of the crispy air-fried tofu, smooth rice noodles, fresh scallions, and topping of sesame seeds makes for the perfect, 15 minute weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
Oh and did I mention it’s vegan, gluten-free, and high in protein?!
As an Italian, I must admit, I was pretty skeptical at first of a savory sauce made from peanut butter.
However, I should’ve known I would LOVE them being the extreme peanut butter addict that I am.
Trust me when I say, if you have not tried peanut noodles before YOU NEED TO!
In the recipe below, I’ve included the ingredients you need for the Spicy Peanut Sauce, how to make the crispy tofu, and how to put it all together for a delicious dish!
I hope you like it as much as I do!
SPICY PEANUT NOODLES with crispy tofu
- ½ block firm tofu
- ½ cup homemade spicy peanut sauce recipe below
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
For the Peanut Sauce
- 3 tbsp creamy salted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Begin by cutting your tofu into cubes and toss with the coconut aminos. Set aside
- While that marinates for a few minutes, bring a pot of water to a boil in order to cook rice noodles according to package
- Place the tofu in your air fryer at 400 for 15 minutes
- While that cooks, prepare the peanut sauce by simply combining all ingredients in a mason jar and shake / mix until well combined
- Once the water boils, cook noodles according to package directions
- Toss the noodles with the sauce, top with crispy tofu, scallions, sesame seeds, and ENJOY!