These thin and buttery Italian cookies are a holiday tradition in my family, but I adjusted the recipe to be gluten-free so everyone can enjoy!
Gluten Free Pizzelles
Thin and buttery Italian holiday cookies
- Pizzelle press mine is Cuisinart
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or almond or lemon extract
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the pizzelle press to setting 3
- Add flour and baking powder in a small bowl and stir to combine
- In a seprate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, until thickened
- On low speed, add the melted butter and vanilla in a steady stream and mix until combined, about 15 seconds. Then, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, about 10 to 15 seconds; do not over mix
- Scoop about 2 teaspoons or dough, and drop onto each of the pizzelle molds. Close the lid and lock. The red indicator light will come on. When the red indicator light goes out and the green indicator light comes on, the pizzelle are ready.
- Remove cookie from the press using a spatula and place on a cooling rack. Repeat until all the dough has been used
- Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar and enjoy!