Butternut Squash Breakfast Cookies
The warm flavors of fall will melt in your mouth with every bite! Not to mention these are gluten-free, vegan, and refined-sugar free which make them the perfect way to start your morning!
- 3/4 cup butternut squash pureed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp warm water and let rest for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts also optional
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, combine squash, peanut butter, flax eggs (or normal eggs), maple syrup, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and then fold in the raisins, nuts, and chocolate chips (if using)
- Scoop batter into 2 tbsp size balls, roll out, and flatten onto baking sheet (into about 14 cookies)
- Bake for 20 minutes, let cool, and enjoy!
You can also add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder!