Chunky Monkey Banana Bread (gluten-free)
banana + chocolate + nuts OH MY!
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour *see notes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 eggs (I have not tested flax eggs yet)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chooclate chips I always use dark, but semi-sweet are great too!
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until creamy
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, and coconut sugar
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until combined, but try not to over-mix
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the pan, and top with some more walnuts & chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool before slicing & ENJOY!
* If your gluten free flour blend does not already have xantham gum in it, add 1 tsp to the batter. I typically use either Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 or King Arthur Measure for Measure